Run Wild

This is the tale of a girl. She is unschooled and a runner. Though running has become more than a hobby for her, more than a passion. For her, running is life.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve!


Today I headed out for the same course as yeasterday, the one with the nice hill at the two-and-a-half-mile-mark.

The morning was a tad frosty, chilly, but only because of a good wind blowing around. I did the same thing, running the first 13 or so minutes with my dad, then continuing on and running back, trying to get a better time that yesterday.

But since it was Christmas Eve, what better a time to run? Quickly speed the minutes by as the anticipation builds for Christmas day tomorrow! As I ran, the smell of someone baking cookies drifted around the silent, chilled neighborhood.

Now I want cookies...

Even with the wonderful smell of cookies filling my mind, I still finished the five-mile course in 42:55, faster than yesterday! Yay!

Warm cocoa and fluffy snow to all,
~Darkness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home