Run Wild

This is the tale of a girl. She is unschooled and a runner. Though running has become more than a hobby for her, more than a passion. For her, running is life.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Bike Path

I headed up to the bike path today with my dad that we always used to go when I was little. Every mile and half-mile is marked, and since the path used to be a railroad, it’s flat, straight and goes through some rather nice scenery.

Today was my distance day. And the month being July, my long distance run has now gone up to 8 miles. And since the whole path is one long line, I jogged out four miles--my dad biking next to me--and jogged four miles back.

The weather conditions were quite nice, threatening to rain the whole way--and sometimes sending spittings of droplets that snaked through the trees down on everyone on the path.

As we went, me and my dad talked about connections between my XC teammates and the Boston Red Sox. We pondered how someone would go about becoming an actress, and wondered whether one of my teammates would return or not now that the coach she likes was back.

These are some of the things that make running so great. Just talking about whatever comes to you, all the while soaking in the beauty of the run around you.

Kudos to those who have found this, and good luck to those who have not yet. To really enjoy a run, you have to focus on your surroundings, your friends, the other people around you, the music you’re listening to, or even just the thoughts you bring along wherever you go.

Keep on truckin’
~Darkness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home