Run Wild

This is the tale of a girl. She is unschooled and a runner. Though running has become more than a hobby for her, more than a passion. For her, running is life.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Muskrats and Mosquitoes

Today marks the longest jog that I’ve ever done. I went about 8.2 miles in 1:22:27!

I ran with my friend today and we ended up going down a road through the woods. We were expecting to go perhaps 3, but ended up going 6! (I jogged 1 mile to her house and one mile back to give me 8)

Temperature was perfect, though the ground was still wet from all the rain, and the mosquitoes were out and hungry for runners!

This course is probably one of my favorites in the town. It goes through a forest then out onto a long road through an everglade. There’s so much life there! As we crossed a bridge, a muskrat dove into the water right next to us.

How beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home