Run Wild

This is the tale of a girl. She is unschooled and a runner. Though running has become more than a hobby for her, more than a passion. For her, running is life.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Of Aerosmith and running

Today I learned a valuable lesson in the art of summer running.

I just today started running with my cute black iPod nano, and I have a menagerie of classic and new rock on there. Including Aerosmith.

Now, at the beginning, it’s quite fun to sing along and play air-guitar to a song you like. But when you hit the ubiquitous halfway point, you suddenly realize that it’s 85º outside and trying to sing along to Audioslave and Aerosmith really tires you out. Especially when you’ve been playing air-guitar along the way as well.

But all that tiring stuff aside, it’s still quite fun. Unless you’re going up a hill. Then you’re left gasping for air for the next three minutes.

As far as the running goes, I went a nice, easy four miles in 39:20. I’m doing another 1 tonight and will keep you posted on what happens there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home