Run Wild

This is the tale of a girl. She is unschooled and a runner. Though running has become more than a hobby for her, more than a passion. For her, running is life.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Rain, rain, don't go away!

Today was the day for my long run. I’m up to 7 miles now, and I say, “The longer the better.”

Today was an interesting experience. I started 7 miles away from my house and jogged (slowly) back. It was raining then, but only a little, and I was protected by tree cover. About 2 miles into the run, the rain got steady, then the skies opened up, dumping down buckets of water upon scattered cars and one lone runner.

The rain was in fact so heavy, that I could barely see. Lakes formed on the sides of the roads and cars created tidal waves as they passed.

At about mile four, my shoes were filled with water and felt like sodden towels. My pants were no drier, and my jacket was plastered to my soaked body.

Sounds fun? Precisely. The only creatures that could ever actually think that this is the best thing in the world are the runners.

Run on!

~Darkness Kitten

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home