Run Wild

This is the tale of a girl. She is unschooled and a runner. Though running has become more than a hobby for her, more than a passion. For her, running is life.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Pace yourself, dood

I don’t believe that I have mentioned this, but I am a member of the Tri-Valley FrontRunners (TVFR) running club! (http://www.tri-valleyfrontrunners.com/) On Monday evenings they host a trail run in Hopedale park. The course is a measured three-mile loop, and participants may do as many loops as the desire.

I desired 2 loops.

I ran with our club coach, Larry Legend. The course was so beautiful and everyone was having so much fun, that I didn’t realize that I was going about 8:20 pace! The same pace I did on Saturday and killed myself, and this was one mile longer.

So it’s pretty much all in how you approach it. If you go into the race just to do something that isn’t really easy for you, you’re not going to have much fun. But if you go into a race to have fun (a god running partner helps a lot too), then you will.

Maybe that isn’t always going to happen, but it’s worth a shot, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home