Run Wild

This is the tale of a girl. She is unschooled and a runner. Though running has become more than a hobby for her, more than a passion. For her, running is life.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Tap-dancing, jumping, splashing, tripping, slogging and running

Another Tri Valley FrontRunners amenity is their summer trail race series. This includes a five mile run around a dam, through trails, over bridges and through sand. Our club president had it right when she said, “Expect everything. Because you will see everything.”

Even though my Monday run was a good tempo pace, today’s race was scheduled to be the one for my weekly tempo run.

I sped off, tap-dancing around rocks and roots, jumping over gaping holes, splashing through water, tripping through grass, slogging through sand and running the nice flat parts as fast as I could to get my time back down to where I wanted it.

The course was incredible. And even though I was working hard through the run, I was still able to enjoy myself and figuratively “stop to smell the roses.”

One thing that kept me going was entries for my blog running through my head, and the quote “Running is life, and therefore should be enjoyed as such.” And enjoy it I did.

There is really no more satisfying a feeling than enjoying a run to the fullest and going at a good pace through it. i.e. making something that usually isn’t too much fun into something wonderful.

Keep it up!

~Darkness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home