Run Wild

This is the tale of a girl. She is unschooled and a runner. Though running has become more than a hobby for her, more than a passion. For her, running is life.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Pickin' it up

The first part of my run today was supposed to be a four-and-a-half-mile jog finishing at the track.

But about 7 minutes into my run, I literally ran into my friend from XC/WT. We decided on the spur of the moment to go off and jog together. She was going farther than me, so I was going to just run with her until my watch hit 22:30.

The day was warm and the sun out for the first time in a long time. The mosaic of tattered leaves that I had seen on Thursday were dry and blowing about our feet as we ran, chatting to each other about this and that as we did back in XC.

Unfortunately we were having too much fun running together and I ended up turning around at 26-something. Oops.

I jogged back and hit the track at 51:34, 6:34 longer than what I’d planned to run.

I met up with my dad at the track and we jogged to the football field in the center of the track. Surprisingly the field was not wet at all! We had had constant rain for the past week, but you couldn’t tell that at all just by looking around you.

The second part of the workout was to do 10 pickups. Starting at the goal line, run to the 20-yard-line. Then sprint all-out to the next 20, decelerating from there.

Though by the final pickup, we were so tired we decided to do an all-out sprint through the whole 100 yards, leaving nothing on the field, putting everything into it that we possibly could on this hot day after 9 other pickups behind us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home